Skip to main content

News

Topic: None has been a regular closer. (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic

None has been a regular closer.
ORCHARD PARK, N. Cheap Air Max Wholesale .Y. -- Scott Chandler is returning to Buffalo, where he spent the past three seasons establishing himself as the Bills top pass-catching tight end. The Bills announced Thursday that they reached an agreement to re-sign Chandler. The move did not come as a surprise after the team extended the seventh-year player an offer before the NFLs free agency period opened on Tuesday. Chandler is coming off a year in which he set career highs with 53 catches and 655 yards. In three-plus seasons in Buffalo, he has combined for 135 catches for 1,623 yards and 14 touchdowns in 49 games. He scored six touchdowns in both 2011 and 2012, matching franchise single-season highs for tight ends. Chandler is the teams first tight end to break 500 yards receiving in consecutive seasons after finishing with 571 in 2012. He also holds the Bills record for tight ends with 32 consecutive games with a catch. Chandlers return solidifies a spot that lacked experienced depth. Lee Smith has been used more in blocking situations. In December, Buffalo signed Tony Moeaki, who has been sidelined by injuries for two of the past three seasons. Rookie seventh-round pick Chris Gragg played sparingly last season, and needs more time to develop. Chandler played in college at Iowa and was selected by San Diego in the fourth round of the 2007 draft. He spent two seasons with the Chargers before splitting the next two years between the New York Giants and Dallas. It wasnt until he was waived by the Cowboys and claimed by the Bills in December 2010 that Chandler had his first NFL catch. Chandler credited his emergence in Buffalo to the experiences he had playing behind and learning from such NFL stars as Antonio Gates in San Diego and Jason Witten in Dallas. Cheap Air Max Ireland . Thornton emerged as one of the leagues best defensive ends against the run in 2013. The former undrafted free agent from Division II Southern Arkansas led Philadelphias linemen with 78 tackles and had one sack. Air Max Ireland Free Shipping .DeMarco Murray got his 20th carry late in the fourth quarter with a 10-point lead, not long after Dez Bryant made his final catch of the day.Sure enough, a 44-17 win over Washington didnt change Dallas post-season position. http://www.wholesaleairmaxireland.com/ . Venable and Jeremy Hermida drove in three runs apiece, and the Padres beat the Colorado Rockies 7-2 on Sunday to snap a nine-game losing streak.SAN DIEGO - The New York Yankees never made an offer to re-sign closer David Robertson, preferring to add Andrew Miller and get an extra draft pick next June.Robertson agreed late Monday to a $46 million, four-year contract with the Chicago White Sox, a person familiar with the negotiations said. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been announced.Yankees general manager Brian Cashman revealed Tuesday he had no interest in retaining Robertson once New York agreed Friday to a $36 million, four-year deal with Miller.The Miller acquisition with the draft pick was the best route we think and I think of moving forward, regardless of how great Robertson has been as a setup man and a closer this past year, Cashman said. It might not be the popular decision but I think its the best one.When the Yankees announced Millers agreement Friday, Cashman didnt rule out keeping Robertson.I wanted him to maximize his free-agent value, to be honest, not that he needs any help from me, Cashman said, but I felt it was in his interest to get out the Yankees still (being) in it.Cashman met Monday with Robertsons agent, Scott Leventhal.Is there a Yankee price you want me to consider? Cashman recalled asking. And he jusst said, If youre interested, make me an offer. Buy Air Max Ireland. .They never made me an offer, Cashman added. I never made them one.Robertson, a right-hander who turns 30, had spent his seven-year big league career with the Yankees. He took over from Mariano Rivera as New Yorks closer last season and saved 39 games in 44 chances.Im happy for him, because I feel like relievers get one shot usually at a long-term contract, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said.New Yorks remaining bullpen options include Miller, Dellin Betances, Shawn Kelley, Adam Warren and Justin Wilson. None has been a regular closer.We feel that our bullpen is going to be very strong again, Girardi said. Trying to iron out a closer, thats something well have to do. Im not really worried about that because of the arms that we have down there.Robertsons exit follows Robinson Canos departure last off-season for Seattle, which gave him a $240 million, 10-year deal. With the retirements of Rivera after the 2013 season and Derek Jeter this year, outfielder Brett Gardner becomes the Yankees senior homegrown player.I would think the fan base is connected to the pinstripes and hopefully the winning teams that we always intend to put on the field, Cashman said. ' ' '