Skip to main content

News

Topic: Updates, info, and a few things about this forum (Read 163 times) previous topic - next topic

• The Boss
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator

Updates, info, and a few things about this forum
The Captcha system (which, for those who are unaware, exists to prevent the mass amount of SPAM bots that spammers would sign up with and SPAM the forum to total ruin) has been adjusted to hopefully be easier to use, as some folks were having issues with it. While the registration process here is very simple compared to most forums (many require email activation before even allowing membership access to them), if anyone has trouble with registering then you are more than welcome to email me. I will gladly register you one the backend of the site (with a temporary password which you would change upon logging in), effectively allowing you to bypass the registration form altogether.

This forum is designed to be function-first. In other words, functionality takes priority over everything else. If you dig around, you should find that this forum has all of the bells and whistles that are available to forum-goers in 2016, and has a lot more to offer than most forums out there, both to you - the users (there's both a Karma system as well as a Like system in place, little things like being able to save drafts in posts and PMs, an indexed search function which promotes much faster searches, a light framework of coding which allows for pages to load very quickly, and much more), and to me - the admin, in the form of security and spam prevention measures as well as just general ease of use on the admin side.

Unfortunately, in the world of forum software, unless you have the knowledge and/or resources to code proprietary software with the ability to design any imaginable appearance for it, software that includes both large amounts of features and an aesthetically above-average look is virtually non-existent. You tend to have to choose one or the other, unfortunately. With all of this said, if you're interested in being involved in building a community in what will hopefully be a well functioning forum which is loaded with features then this should be an excellent fit for you. If aesthetics are more your thing, that's understandable, but I'd recommend you look here for that.

Thanks for reading,

The Boss
  • Last Edit: May 12, 16, 02:10:30 PM by The Boss
Look what I can do with my sig.

This sig is so refreshing!

Can I bum a sig?

Other sig puns. Because it's a signature. Get it?

Re: Updates, info, and a few things about this forum
Reply #1
I'm having fun discovering all the goodies. :)
I write stories focused on strong women and the men they choose.

Get Vibrant Heart, first in my Great Plains Romance series, free at your favorite e-book retailer

• The Boss
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator

Reply #2
Me too! I'm still discovering cool things that this forum can do. I find it really impressive too because even though it's powerful software, it's so efficiently coded that the database takes up very little space. As a result, every function in the forum is really responsive. Supposedly, it'll run just as smoothly with 50,000 members. It's marvelous!

Can I bum a sig?

Reply #3
Hey, @The Boss, can you create a post about the giveaway so I can direct new users to the info? TIA
I write stories focused on strong women and the men they choose.

Get Vibrant Heart, first in my Great Plains Romance series, free at your favorite e-book retailer

• The Boss
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator

Reply #4
Yep! Great idea. I'm on it.

Edit: Here it is
  • Last Edit: May 11, 16, 02:00:58 PM by The Boss

Can I bum a sig?

Reply #5
Idk maybe it's just me but I think the forum looks really nice. It has a modern look and feel to it. Most forums I've been on look like they were designed in 1999!!! That link at the end is funny tho!