Skip to main content

News

Topic: Writer's Block (Read 197 times) previous topic - next topic

Writer's Block
If you've endured writer's block, this video (taken from movie clips related to writer's block) might make you laugh. Or cry. Depending on where in the process you are.

https://vimeo.com/165015837
I write stories focused on strong women and the men they choose.

Get Vibrant Heart, first in my Great Plains Romance series, free at your favorite e-book retailer

• MiraDay
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator

Re: Writer's Block
Reply #1
@CorrissaJames The slumping motion into my chair in defeat... I know that one all to well

#thestruggleisreal
  • Last Edit: May 11, 16, 12:36:18 PM by The Boss

Reply #2
@CorrissaJames watching that video made me awfully glad I didn't try writing earlier in my life. I remember typing on real typewriters and those things were a bitch, especially if you're like me and type 5 words, erase 3.  😩
Concentrate on what you do best, not on what others do to try to best you.
🖊💗📚💚📝💜

Reply #3
I write differently when I type on manual typewriters (just like I write differently when I write by hand versus on the computer). I've often thought about getting another manual just for that reason...but then I would break it (b/c I break everything) and who would fix it?

Get Vibrant Heart, first in my Great Plains Romance series, free at your favorite e-book retailer

Reply #4
@CorrissaJames I recently bought an old SmithCorona at a rummage sale for $2. I checked to see if I could buy ribbons for it and you can! I figure one day, just maybe, it might come in handy. If not, my grandchildren will never believe me when I show them what we usta do!  ;)
Concentrate on what you do best, not on what others do to try to best you.
🖊💗📚💚📝💜

Reply #5
@CaraRiley --oh my gosh I LOVE that! (Now I have to schedule in some rummage sales this summer)

• The Boss
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator

Reply #6
@CorrissaJames I recently bought an old SmithCorona at a rummage sale for $2. I checked to see if I could buy ribbons for it and you can! I figure one day, just maybe, it might come in handy. If not, my grandchildren will never believe me when I show them what we usta do!  ;)

Wow, $2 is a great price for a working model. Is it an electric unit?

My grandmother became a court recorder for the state during WWII. After some years, she transitioned into executive secretary positions for various state officials. I'm not sure at which stage she got it, but at some point, she acquired an Underwood. I want to say it was a 1930's model, so I don't know if she acquired it new at that time, before becoming a court recorder, or if she bought it used 10-15 years after it was manufactured. Then again, I could be mistaken, and perhaps it was a 40's or early 50's model.

Anyway, I grew up playing on it, and I loved using that thing. It was one of my first interactions with machines which, not long after, yielded a fascination with computers, giving me a head start among fellow Gen Xers on developing what would eventually prove to be valuable computer skills. I wish I knew what happened to that old typewriter. If nothing else, it'd make a great decoration and conversation piece today.
Look what I can do with my sig.

This sig is so refreshing!

Can I bum a sig?

Other sig puns. Because it's a signature. Get it?

Reply #7
I would LOVE to find an old, working typewriter. My mom had one when I was a kid, and I loved sneaking into her office to play with it. Makes me wanna find some rummage sales myself. Or I could have my mom keep an eye out, she's much more successful at those sorts of things. I think I could do well with one. I write better by hand or on my phone than I do on my computer.