Skip to main content

News

Topic: Does anyone else use Fiverr for marketing purposes, and if so, what kind? (Read 67 times) previous topic - next topic

• The Boss
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator

Does anyone else use Fiverr for marketing purposes, and if so, what kind?
I've used Fiverr a lot over the 5 years since I first discovered and signed up for it. I've used it for a variety of things like small graphic design projects (with mostly good results), SEO projects (with mostly poor results) for a blog that I had at one point, and random other stuff. I've thought about using it for marketing in the past, but was always skeptical of sellers in that category since they often tend to exaggerate their website traffic, followers, etc.

If you've used it for marketing, what were your results like?
Look what I can do with my sig.

This sig is so refreshing!

Can I bum a sig?

Other sig puns. Because it's a signature. Get it?

Re: Does anyone else use Fiverr for marketing purposes, and if so, what kind?
Reply #1
I have used bknights for promoting books (but only his newsletter list, I think) with solid results. Not stellar results, but I always earn my investment back. Others have been pretty inconsistent/nonexistent in terms of ROI.
I write stories focused on strong women and the men they choose.

Get Vibrant Heart, first in my Great Plains Romance series, free at your favorite e-book retailer

• The Boss
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator

Reply #2
Oh interesting. So he promotes to an email distribution list? Is it targeted?

Can I bum a sig?

Reply #3
Yes, targeted toward readers. He also has FB and twitter gigs. I have found that free and 99c books do best. Anything higher and the results drop off significantly (like a tenth of results).

Search Kboards for more fiverr and marketing leads. Very supportive community. In fact, you should probably post about RomanceAlley on Kboards :)
I write stories focused on strong women and the men they choose.

Get Vibrant Heart, first in my Great Plains Romance series, free at your favorite e-book retailer

• The Boss
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator

Reply #4
Oh ok. I figured it was toward readers but didn't know if it was targeted to the niche or anything similarly specific. Interesting that the results fall off that sharply above 99c. I wonder how much the conversion rate would improve for price points above 99c if the list were niche specific.

Good to know. I'll head over there once I can finish tying up some loose ends on the back end of things here.

Can I bum a sig?

Reply #5
I'd never go for SEO tasks on Fiverr. Most of packages they offer are delivered with automated tools and in most cases have no results.

• The Boss
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator

Reply #6
I've always been pretty discerning in choosing them, and look specifically for ones that are done manually.

Can I bum a sig?

Reply #7
Just got acquainted with Fiverr and made my first order for graphic design. Will share my experience as soon as I get the results.