Skip to main content

News

Topic: Small-town romances: Suggestions please! (Read 52 times) previous topic - next topic

Small-town romances: Suggestions please!
Hi all. I am looking for small-town romances that I read over Memorial Day weekend. HEA endings only, please. If you can, indicate the heat level of the book (1 = clean, 3 = some sex, 5 = explicit sex/erotica).
I write stories focused on strong women and the men they choose.

Get Vibrant Heart, first in my Great Plains Romance series, free at your favorite e-book retailer

Re: Small-town romances: Suggestions please!
Reply #1
If anyone else is interested in small-town romances (and I *really* hope I am not the only one), check out Judy Hudson's blog highlighting eight authors writing small-town romances. She profiles a new author each week and there is a giveaway each week as well

http://www.judithhudsonauthor.com/8-weeks-8-guest-bloggers-8-ebook-giveaways/

Get Vibrant Heart, first in my Great Plains Romance series, free at your favorite e-book retailer

Reply #2
I love small town romances, probably because I live in a very small town. Maybe too small. LOL So thank you, I'll definitely check the link.

If anyone else is interested in small-town romances (and I *really* hope I am not the only one), check out Judy Hudson's blog highlighting eight authors writing small-town romances. She profiles a new author each week and there is a giveaway each week as well

http://www.judithhudsonauthor.com/8-weeks-8-guest-bloggers-8-ebook-giveaways/

Reply #3
My small town has a population of one author, three furrballs, a smattering of squirrels, a confluence of bunnies, a gang of pigeons, a flock of barn swallows, an owl, a skunk, a deer or two, very early rising woodpeckers (ugh!), and random woodchucks, possum, foxes, raccoon, and eagles.

Reply #4
Sounds great though! There are definitely some of those here as well, particularly the annoying woodpeckers.
The other day I saw a raccoon eating bird seed outside my kitchen window, so I opened the window and called to it. My sister was nearby and she's like "What, do you think it will come to you?" and to her surprise, it walked right up to the window and started sniffing my fingers.  :)) It didn't particularly care for me trying to pet it though and went back out to eat more bird seed that fell to the ground.

Here is a picture I took of one of them. I know there are at least two, one of which is definitely female and had babies recently.