Skip to main content

News

Topic: Sticky: How to use the Karma system, Likes, and Mentions (Read 67 times) previous topic - next topic

• The Boss
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator

Sticky: How to use the Karma system, Likes, and Mentions
Click the images to see a larger version of them.

Here you can see the applause and smite options which are for assigning positive and negative karma. On the right, you can see the like button, which you simply click to like a post. You can also click it a second time to remove your "like". Both the karma and "like" features are unlocked after you make 10 posts.

You can see in this image where to find a member's Karma total. This number is determined by subtracting one's negative karma from total positive karma.

Additionally, notice the "Mentions" category at the top between "My Messages" and "New Posts". When you receive likes and karma, it will notify you here. Click this and go to the Mentions page to see the specific details. Also, if someone tags you by including @YourUsername in a post, it will include that in your mentions as well. As far as I know, this function is case sensitive. If you discover otherwise then please let me know.

• Last Edit: May 17, 16, 03:13:23 AM by The Boss
Look what I can do with my sig.

This sig is so refreshing!

Can I bum a sig?

Other sig puns. Because it's a signature. Get it?

Re: Sticky: How to use the Karma system, Likes, and Mentions
Reply #1
Cool, thanks for the info. Btw, if you have ad-blocking software installed, you might not see any/all of the pop-up box when you mouse over someone's user name.
I write stories focused on strong women and the men they choose.

Get Vibrant Heart, first in my Great Plains Romance series, free at your favorite e-book retailer

• The Boss
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator

Reply #2
Yes, that is true. Thanks for pointing that out.  :)
Look what I can do with my sig.

This sig is so refreshing!

Can I bum a sig?

Other sig puns. Because it's a signature. Get it?

Reply #3
Oh good to know. I was wondering about some of these