Skip to main content

News

Topic: Book 1 for June- Chaps by @JulesDixon Genre: M/M Romance (Read 230 times) previous topic - next topic

• MiraDay
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator

Book 1 for June- Chaps by @JulesDixon Genre: M/M Romance
Book 1 for June is sure to bring a sizzle to your early summer days!

Pick up a copy of @JulesDixon's Chaps- Book 2 of her Cherry County Cowboys series and meet up for a steamy discussion  ;)

Rising rodeo star Nate O'Neill never expected to be living in a small Nebraska ranching town waiting for his rodeo brother to recover from a vicious ride. His unplanned stop steers him into the arms and bed of local celebrity, Tennessee Reed. Soon he questions what thrills him more--the rodeo or Tenn. Forced to face his reckless past, he's reminded that relationships can cause damage far worse than any bull ride ... and maybe he's headed for the same suffering again.

Professional football draft-pick Tennessee Reed returns home emotionally shattered by the unexpected passing of his father who left Tenn with a hereditary secret buried in his chest. He might be dying inside, but when Nate walks into his life all Tenn's troubles seem to disappear into those hazel eyes and he's never felt more alive. Will Tenn follow the cowboy wherever life leads? Or will he protect his heart and watch those fringed leather chaps ride away?

Recommended by @CorrissaJames

Re: Book 1 for June- Chaps by @JulesDixon Genre: M/M Romance
Reply #1
OH this should be a fun month!!!
I write stories focused on strong women and the men they choose.

Get Vibrant Heart, first in my Great Plains Romance series, free at your favorite e-book retailer

Reply #2
Thanks, Romance Alley and @CorrissaJames for suggesting Chaps as Book of the Month
Can't wait to hear what readers thought of Valentine, Nebraska and the trouble that happens there.
<3 Jules
Love addict with a sarcastic pink glow. Martini connoisseur, fuzzy sock collector, baseball fanatic & pro-dandelion. And an author--I always forget that one.
http://www.julesdixon.com

Reply #3
I'd love to host a reader interactive Q&A toward the end of the month, but to get you started thinking about questions to ask, here are some to think about...
1. If you lived in Valentine, who would you want as a friend or what family would you want as yours?
2. What part of the book moved you the most emotionally? What did that moment pull from you? How did you see the characters in a a new light?
3. Tennessee Reed is loosely based off of a friend of mine who played football semi-professionally for years, but instead of seeing my friend as the character I saw John Cena playing him in a movie adaptation. Who could you see playing Tenn in a movie? (PS...if you don't know who John Cena is... here and you're welcome :-) http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3609565952/nm1078479).
Okay...send questions my way...or comments, too!
<3 Jules
Love addict with a sarcastic pink glow. Martini connoisseur, fuzzy sock collector, baseball fanatic & pro-dandelion. And an author--I always forget that one.

• The Boss
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator

Reply #4
I'd love to host a reader interactive Q&A toward the end of the month, but to get you started thinking about questions to ask, here are some to think about...
1. If you lived in Valentine, who would you want as a friend or what family would you want as yours?
2. What part of the book moved you the most emotionally? What did that moment pull from you? How did you see the characters in a a new light?
3. Tennessee Reed is loosely based off of a friend of mine who played football semi-professionally for years, but instead of seeing my friend as the character I saw John Cena playing him in a movie adaptation. Who could you see playing Tenn in a movie? (PS...if you don't know who John Cena is... here and you're welcome :-) http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3609565952/nm1078479).
Okay...send questions my way...or comments, too!
<3 Jules

Great idea! I think it would make sense to do that as it's own topic in the "Books by Genre" category. That way, you can link to the discussion anywhere you promote the book if you wish. Although, you may also want to point to this thread in promotion efforts, pointing to the fact that it was our book of the month, especially once we get big!

John Cena? If there was a film adaptation, wouldn't you at least want a credible actor to play the character that you created in order to bring legitimacy to the film and the role? Even if only a shred of credibility à la Gerard Butler?  :))
  • Last Edit: Jun 01, 16, 01:37:58 PM by The Boss
Look what I can do with my sig.

This sig is so refreshing!

Can I bum a sig?

Other sig puns. Because it's a signature. Get it?

Reply #5
Question, Do you need to read book 1 before reading book 2 Chaps by Jules Dixon?

Reply #6
They are meant to be standalones. I re-read Chaps last night to start writing the next in the series. Actually I was up until 2am this morning re-reading Chaps. But I don't think that you HAVE to read the first at all. There are a lot of characters from Spurs in Chaps and you might wonder about them, but the story stands on its own as a HEA, finished novel. Hope that helps, @Allegra!40MissinG
Jules

Reply #7
Thank You for sharing this book. I will start from the first one to see how it goes...