Skip to main content

News

Topic: Firefox & Rafflecopter (Read 761 times) previous topic - next topic

Firefox & Rafflecopter
Anyone here use the Firefox browser? Lately I've noticed that when I go to a page with a Rafflecopter on it, the Rafflecopter won't load. I've used Firefox for many years and never had any issue with it loading until now.

Then again, I got an email letting me know that my automatic domain renewal couldn't be processed because my credit card on file had expired. When I tried to access the site where I bought the domain, NOTHING would load except for a 1x1 pixel GIF. Turns out that I needed to uncheck an option in Kaspersky to get it to work.

Even doing a search to see if I could find an answer to the Rafflecopter issue, nothing helpful came up. So I thought I'd ask here.

• The Boss
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator

Re: Firefox & Rafflecopter
Reply #1
I wish I could be of help, but I stopped using Firefox a few years ago and converted to Chrome.  8)
Look what I can do with my sig.

This sig is so refreshing!

Can I bum a sig?

Other sig puns. Because it's a signature. Get it?

Reply #2
No problem. :)

Over the last few days I've noticed that when I turn on my computer, the first page I happen to go to that has a Rafflecopter on it will load just fine. Any others after that, forget it. Very weird.

I'm like a die-hard Firefox user, partly because I like creating and using Themes (previously referred to as Personas) to customize the look. I'm also a Theme reviewer (I approve or reject Theme submissions). But I've been getting frustrated with it lately because of it becoming non-responsive. Although I'm not sure that it's entirely the browsers fault either. I sometimes wonder if it's an issue with my computer not working fast enough.

• The Boss
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator

Reply #3
I was a pretty die hard FF user for years. I don't even remember why I made the switch to Chrome a few years ago. I think it was during a period when FF was going long stretches of time without updating, and I was frustrated with bugs that weren't being addressed. After I switched to Chrome and realized how lightweight it is in terms of system resources used, I was hooked. As someone who frequently keeps 75-100+ tabs open at all times, an efficient, lightweight browser is a necessity!

Can I bum a sig?

Reply #4
I was a pretty die hard FF user for years. I don't even remember why I made the switch to Chrome a few years ago. I think it was during a period when FF was going long stretches of time without updating, and I was frustrated with bugs that weren't being addressed. After I switched to Chrome and realized how lightweight it is in terms of system resources used, I was hooked. As someone who frequently keeps 75-100+ tabs open at all times, an efficient, lightweight browser is a necessity!

Wow! For awhile there I was keeping around 6 tabs pinned and thought that was why I was experiencing some issues with Firefox. I can't imagine having 75 or more open at one time.
I do have Chrome though. But just the other day I installed Opera and really like it. So as of right now about the only thing I use Firefox for is to tend to the Firefox Theme submissions. Okay, technically I'm here now using Firefox too. :) But even when I would open up multiple Amazon pages in Firefox it seemed to want to cause issues. So I am doing my email in Opera because I get a lot of blogger and author emails, and I end up opening a lot of Amazon links.
I'm still hopeful that Firefox can be sorted out though.

• The Boss
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator

Reply #5
I used opera for a while years ago before firefox came out actually. It's always been a pretty decent browser. I love chrome these days though. It's so efficient in terms of using a pc's resources.

You can see my current session here, where I've got 77 tabs open over 3 windows (after I just closed about 10-12 tabs). I've also got (from right to left) paint.net, skype, excel, pandora, sticky notes, and notepad all open right now. I have a rather robust desktop with 12gb ram though to fully enable my multitasking addiction. I have a few saved browser sessions with well over 100 tabs.  ;D

Can I bum a sig?

Reply #6
How in the world do you keep track of it all?  :o

I do have Chrome so maybe I'll have to give it more of a try at some point.

• The Boss
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator

Reply #7
It's like having a cluttered desk - you know where everything is because you're the one who put it there.  :D

Can I bum a sig?